The Corona-Norco United Way Youth Board is a group of young, diverse philanthropists who aspire to grow in leadership and life skills to positively impact the community. Under the leadership of the Corona-Norco United Way, the Youth Board Members are provided mentorship, leadership & personal development, and opportunities to grow for a successful future. Through this personal discovery, the Youth Board dedicates themselves to improving the community by providing resources and services to those in need. This includes serving in community events, collecting school supplies for low-income students, tutoring grades 3rd-11th, and supporting the social and emotional learning of children exposed to violence at home.
This is organized under the leadership of the Youth Board Executive Team, who serves under the supervision of the Corona-Norco United Way staff, to provide organization and structure, program/project development, board governance, and leadership to other members. The E-Team is comprised of 5 positions, all voted in by the Youth Board annually. These positions include: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and Public Relations Officer.
Our Mission Statement
Youth Board Membership - Applications are CLOSED
- Must have completed 8th grade (by June 2022)
- Must be enrolled in a public, private, charter, or home school within the jurisdictions of Corona, Norco, Eastvale, Jurupa Valley, Home Gardens, Temescal Valley, Coronita, or El Cerrito
- Maintain a GPA 3.0 or higher
- Willingness to learn and listen
- Commitment to the CNUW and CNUWYB cause and purpose
- Active participation in events, programs and projects
- Attendance in monthly meetings