- Individual counseling sessions
- On-going support groups
- Financial literacy instruction
- Parenting classes (new this year)
- Employment assistance including resume building, interview techniques, job searches, and interview attire;
- Emergency shelter placement
- Emergency food, clothing and basic supply needs
- Assistance with all forms and paperwork related to: Divorce, Child Custody/Child Support, Court Fee Waivers, Restraining Orders, DPSS Applications (including CalWORKs, CalFRESH, Medi-Cal, Child Care/Welfare-to-Work (WtW) forms, In-Home Supportive Sevices (IHSS), and College Applications (including FAFSA and CalGrant).
While these services mainly take place in our secure facility, we also offer online services due to the pandemic.
- Referrals: We take referrals from Riverside County Department of Social Services (DPSS), Child Protective Services (CPS), Corona Police Department and Corona Norco Unified School District. But you do not need to have a referral in order to access services.
- Schedule an Assessment: Once we are notified of a potential client, we contact the individual and schedule an assessment to determine if the level of support is what our agency provides. If not, we find the client somewhere more fitting so they are not left unsupported.
Intake Process: Once we assess and accept a client, we start the intake process (paperwork) and assign them to a staff person to begin the 12-week program. During that time, the counselor works closely with the client through a combination of structured curriculum and conversation/listening; and paperwork processing, if needed. It is up to the client/counselor how often to have sessions.
Additional Information: Typically, around week 4 or 5, clients are ready to discuss their future (i.e. employment, housing, financial independence, etc.) and how they want to move their lives forward. Attending support groups is offered throughout the 12 weeks and beyond, but is best if they don't start until week 5 or so because of the trauma they've experienced. Since every case is different, the program is very dynamic and tailored to the specific needs of the victim.
If you think you are in need of services and are ready to make the necessary change in your life, please call us at (951) 736-0620 to schedule an assessment.