Class of 2023: Are you ready for FREE college prep???
Summer Section 2022
- Topics Covered: Self-discovery, Picking a Major, Building a School List, CC/UC/CSU Systems, Private Schools, Costs, Application Portals, Fly-in Programs, Admission Types, How to Prep
- Topics Covered: Personal Story & Values, Personal Insight Q's, Personal Statement, Drafting
- Topics Covered: Cal A/B/C Grants, Pell Grant, FAFSA, How $ is Allocated, Financial Aid Package, EFC, Cost of Attendance, Institutional Grants, Scholarships, Reimbursements, Finding & Applying, Scholarship List, Tips for Essays, Disbursement Process
- Workshop to brainstorm and draft your PIQ's/ Common App Essays etc.
Fall Section 2022 (Semester 1)
- Topics Covered: UC/ Common Application/ Coalition/ Scholarship Portals Set-Up & Data Entry
- Topics Covered: Part 2, creating a F.S.A. ID, Prepping for the FAFSA Application
- Learn how to develop application supplemental materials that stand out!
- Complete and submit the FAFSA application!
Spring Section 2022 (Semester 2)
Workshop 1: Personal Finance
Saturday, March 11, 2023, from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Topics Covered: Budgeting, credit cards, savings, school loans, creating financial goals, building habits, life insurance, retirement plans, investments - learn the basics to personal finance!
Workshop 2: Selecting a College or University
Saturday, April 8, 2023, from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Topics Covered: How to Read & Compare Financial Aid Awards, COA, Financial Aid Appeals, Scholarships, Commitment Deadlines, Making a Decision, SIR, Declining Offers
Workshop 3: Transitioning & Succeeding in College
Saturday, June 10, 2023, from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Topics Covered: Fees, Housing, Meal Plans, Parking, Emotional Transition, Transportation, Resources, Safety, Creating a 4-Year Academic Plan, Internships
- Be an incoming senior
- Be enrolled in a public, private, charter, or home school within the jurisdictions of Corona, Norco, Eastvale, Jurupa Valley, Home Gardens, Temescal Valley, Coronita, or El Cerrito.
- Have reliable transportation to sessions
*Please note: Priority is given to students enrolled under United Way programs such as Children & Youth Success Program, Children Wellness Program, Youth Board, and Family Support Services. Applicants outside of the Corona-Norco United Way programs are not guaranteed admission to the program, but places you on a waitlist. Communication regarding your status will be done via email.
Click here to apply: https://forms.gle/8oVuM2u5MJE145ZJ6
Please direct any questions you may have to Ana Calvillo, at email@example.com or (951) 736-0620 ext. 404