Class of 2022: Are you ready for FREE college prep???
Summer Section 2021
- Topics Covered: CC/UC/CSU system, Private Schools, Costs, Safety/Target/Dream schools, Application Portals; Creating School List, Selecting a Career/Major, Fly-in Programs, Admission Types, How to Prepare
Workshop #1 Makeup Date: Friday, August 6, 2021 from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m
**For students who did not sign up in time or we not able to attend first session
- Drafting, Story & Values, Personal Insight Q's, Personal Statement
- Workshop to brainstorm and draft your PIQ's, Common App essay, etc.
- University of California/ Common Application/ Coalition/ Scholarship Portals Set-Up/Data Entry
- Vaue of degree, Master's/Doctorate, College Debt, College Expenses, etc.
- Topics Covered: Cal A/B/C Grants, Pell Grant, FAFSA, How funding is Allocated, Financial Aid Package, EFC, Cost of Attendance, Institutional Grants, Scholarships, Reimbursements, Finding & Applying to Scholarships, Creating a Scholarship List, Writing Essays, Disbursement Process
- Finding and Applying, Scholarship List, Tips for Essays, Disbursement Process
- Complete and submit the FAFSA application
Semester 2: 2022
- Topics Covered: How to Read & Compare Financial Aid Awards, COA, Financial Aid Appeals, Scholarships, Commitment Deadlines, SIR, Declining Admissions Offers
- Topics Covered: Fees, Housing, College Costs, Resources, Transportation, Transition
- Be an incoming senior
- Attend high school within the Corona Norco Unified School District
- Have reliable transportation to sessions
*Please note: Priority is given to students enrolled under United Way programs such as Children & Youth Success Program, Children Wellness Program, Youth Board, and Family Support Services. Applicants outside of the Corona-Norco United Way programs are not guaranteed admission to the program, but places you on a waitlist. Communication regarding your status will be done via email.
Click here to apply: https://forms.gle/y6N5EkHYr1fG3GRN8
Please direct any questions you may have to Ana Calvillo, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (951) 736-0620 ext. 404